Welcome to my studio! I’m very happy you have decided to trust your student’s musical education to me. In this document, I have outlined some policies that will make lessons run smoothly for everyone.
Missed lessons: Students are charged for all registered lessons. Notification of a cancellation at least 24 hours in advance is a required courtesy to the teacher, but does not exclude the payment for that lesson.
- Lessons canceled less than 24 hours in advance that are not due to illness or family emergency will not be made up. You will be responsible for payment for that lesson.
- That being said, please do not attend if your child is ill or contagious. Lessons canceled less than 24 hours in advance due to illness or family emergency will be made up.
- If you are not able to come to your lesson, you may swap lesson times with another student, with the permission of that student’s parents. This function is available on my website, https://harrahviolinviola.mymusicstaff.com. Lessons missed by the teacher will be made up at a mutually agreed time. The teacher is not obligated to make up missed make-up lessons.
- If you decide to discontinue your lessons, please notify me at least one month ahead of time. You will be expected to pay the full monthly tuition for that month.There are no refunds offered for any reason.
Practice: Students, with help of their parents, should set regular daily practice times. It is best to choose a set time each day that is the dedicated practice time.
- Practicing and progress on the instrument are directly proportional to one another. The more the student practices, the greater the progress will be.
- Parent support is also an extremely important factor in musical training. Children whose parents take an active interest in their child's progress are more dedicated to their instrument.
Book purchase: Parents purchase books for their children based on my recommendation.
Recitals: Recitals are held regularly, and build confidence and motivate students. They also provide parents and family with the opportunity to listen to a performance by their child.
Certificate Advancement Program: The American String Teachers' Association offers the Certificate Advancement Program (CAP), which is a ten-year graded course of study that helps with the development of violin and viola performance, technique, and theory. All the students are strongly encouraged to participate in this excellent program.
tuition scholarship to the Fred Fox School of Music at the University of Arizona for Viola Performance.
Jackson--Arizona Junior High All State Orchestra, PYS Symphonette Orchestra
ALL STUDENTS for a beautiful spring recital!
NO LESSONS July 1-August 15, 2019. Lessons will resume August 16. Enjoy your summer!